New Mindfulness Sessions
Drop in for an hour of Mindfulness training each Wednesday, beginning November 13th from noon-1:00pm. Mindfulness uses sitting meditation to build awareness of the moment and can help with stress management. Mindfulness sessions are led by a trained professional from the Allegiance Behavioral Health department. There is no charge for the sessions and no need to sign up in advance. Drop in one time or join us each Wednesday! Note: locations rotate each week. The November 13th session will be held in the Lilac Room. For more information call Prevention and Community Health at 780-7306.
November 20 Lilac Room
November 27 Auditorium C
December 4 Sage Room
December 11 Lilac Room
December 18 Sage Room
It's Your Life 2014
It's time to enroll in It's Your Life 2014. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Complete the online enrollment form and Health Risk Appraisal (HRA) available September 1
- Complete a health screen (height, weight, blood pressure, waist circumference) between September 16th and November 8th. Click here to sign up for a health screen - SPOUSES CAN ALSO SCHEDULE HEALTH SCREENS FROM HOME VIA THIS LINK!
- Complete a fasting blood draw for lipids and Hemoglobin A1c between September 16th and November 8th. (Blood draws are completed as a part of the health screen)
If you plan to have your health screen completed by your physician for 2014 It's Your Life enrollment, print the 2014 Physician Health Screen Form and send the completed form to IYL by November 8, 2013 (no faxes accepted). Physician services must have been completed after August 1, 2013 to qualify for enrollment.
Why join It's Your Life?
- Discounted medical premiums - Your 2013 compliance guarentees your eligibility for the 2015 discount. Noncompliance in 2014 means you are only eligible for the standard rate plan in 2015.
- Personalized health coaching
- Incentives for completing educational activities
- Staff Wellness Center membership only $4 per pay!
ALL enrollment activities must be completed by November 8, 2013!
Frequently Asked Questions - click here for a FAQ regarding the It's Your Life enrollment form and release of information.
Questions? Call the IYL office at 841-7495
If it is unreasonably difficult due to a medical condition or medically inadvisable for you to meet the requirements of the It's Your Life program as described, call us at (517) 841-7495 and we will work with you and your physician to develop another way to meet the requirements.
Third coaching sessions are due by October 31, 2013
Click here to schedule an appointment
Not sure who your coach is? Click here for a list of coaches and departments.
2013 Program Requirements/Prevention Information
Click on your health focus area below for information about your 2013 IYL program year requirements, including Preventive Services.
Education - new for 2013
This year, you can also complete optional educational activities and earn IYL points that can be redeemed for prizes. Beginning January 2013, use your punch card to track points. You can get a punch card from your coach. A printable resource list is also available for activities that qualify.
Healthy Activity Resource Guide
Links and Documents
Wellness Education Units
View your HRA results